Monday, April 19, 2010

Class News

Okay, so classes are going to be getting back to normal (after my week and a half at work!).

Last Saturday (Saturday just gone), everyone got the chance to play with ink refills and rubbing alcohol, which made some stunning "Polished Stone" items.  I don't think I have had so much fun in ages (even with a Middle Ear Infection), and to see some of the work produced....I was thrilled.

The youngest member was Isabelle...and I have to say that children, when given free-reign to create, come up with some of the most amazing work.  They don't have the inhibitions adults do, and just "go for it".  I think I am a bit jealous of that relaxed way they have, and it's going to be something I play with more and more....just to see what I can acheive.

So....enough of that.  Now for the next class.....we'll be doing Patchwork Quilting on cards.  The technique is so simple, and so easy....and the results are just amazing!!

Just a few pieces of scrap DSP, a gel pen and some pearls from our Pretties Kit...and you have a very, VERY effective card - especially with Mother's Day so close! (This idea is thanks to another demonstrator - I will be posting a link to her blog within the day....my apologies)

What on earth are you waiting for?  Email me to make sure you have a seat on Saturday May 1st!!

No comments:

Post a Comment